Happy New Year



Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and successful New Year!

Comments

Vagabonde said…
Another year has gone by – that was fast. Areg is growing fast too and he looks adorable. For New Year we went to see my latest grandson who is 5 months old now – he is very cute too.
I just read a post on a blog about the soup called “Khash.” I had never heard of this soup, of course my father was an Armenian from Istambul and lived in Paris since he was young. I’d like to know if the way she describes this soup is the way it is eaten – here is the post: http://www.lifeintheexpatlane.com/2012/01/expat-foodie-cow-feet-soup-for-breakfast.html.
She says Armenians eat it for breakfast with vodka – my father never drank vodka – let me know. I hope that 2012 will be a great year for you and your loved ones.
Hi Vagabonde,

Khash is a bizarre soup. It is also known as "pacha" in Western Armenian cuisine (made with lamb hoofs, no soaking up all the broth with lavash).

Vodka is a must so that 1) you kill any microbes that want to make you rush to the toilet every 30 minutes for the rest of the day and 2) so you forget what you're eating.

Too much garlic is never enough. On the table sometimes they place a plate of black olives and a lemon -- once I squeezed some lemon juice on it to give it extra flavor, it did the trick quite nicely.

If you search for "khash" on my blog several posts will come up. This one is my first: http://noteshairenik.blogspot.com/2005/11/khash-for-baby-girl.html

Thanks for your warm wishes for the New Year. We're wishing the same for you and your family.

Christian

Popular Posts